- 5″ 1920 x 1080, HDMI Monitor
- 441 Pixels-Per-Inch Display
- HD Scopes
- HDMI In/Out with Downstream LUTs
- 3-Second Boot Time
- User Definable Presets
- Discrete Display/Output 3D LUT Support
- Anamorphic De-Squeeze
- Joystick Menu Navigation
- Compatible with Optional Sidefinder
SmallHD’s 501 HDMI On-Camera Monitor brings full HD resolution to a durable lightweight on-camera monitor the size of a smartphone. The screen packs 441 pixels per inch, providing a sharp clear image on such a small screen. It features HDMI input and HDMI output. With a rubberized aluminum frame, the unit is 3/4″ thick and weighs about 9 ounces, so it is light enough to mount to your camera without weighing you down, yet extremely rugged.
Small HD has developed a menu system designed to be easy to navigate with the built-in joystick. Within the system is the Pages system, which allows you to create and store up to 8 preset configurations. You can easily see the effect of your configurations on the image, swiping between the configurations using the joystick. The 501 supports 3D LUTs, and you can save those as a configuration page as well. It is worth pointing out that you can apply a configuration page setting to either the monitor’s screen, the output, or both at the same time. You can also assign a different configuration set up to the monitor’s screen and the output. You can mount the SmallHD Sidefinder to the 501 to use it as an EVF, SmallHD Sidefinder not included.
- Firmware 2.2 Features
- HD Waveform, Vectorscope, and Histogram
- Headphone Jack
- Still Image Capture
- Audio Meters
- Custom Zebra
- Custom Scale
- Pixel Zoom
- DSLR Scale
- Anamorphic De-Squeeze
- The SmallHD 501 on-camera monitor features a Full HD, 1920×1080, LCD display, with a pixel density of 441 PPI. The 501’s LCD display is able to produce 85% NTSC Color Gamut (greater than the REC. 709 color standard), rivaling the color capabilities of OLED technology.
- The monitor sports HDMI input and HDMI output.
- You can apply a 3D LUT to the monitor and still view your video in real-time.
- The configuration system, Pages, allows you to create and store up to 8 presets. Presets can include focus aids, exposure aids, camera metadata, 3D LUTs. Once created, you can navigate between the presets merely by swiping the built-in joystick. You can see up to three presets displayed on the screen at the same time as you swipe between the presets, which is different than having to engage a menu system and trying to remember what the name of the preset means. You can see the effect of your configuration on the video.