- Matched pair condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
- Two step High Pass Filter (fl at, 75Hz)
- 9V battery powered – over 100 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated foam windscreen
- Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8 thread for easy boom-pole mounting
- Broadcast recording quality on-camera microphone
- Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Integrated shock mounting
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the success of the Rode VideoMic Pro & Stereo VideoMic with improved stereo reproduction, sound quality and ergonomic design. The Stereo VideoMic’s capsule feature a matched pair of 1/2″ cardioid condenser capsules, mounted in a coincident X/Y position for accurate stereo imagery and detail. The microphone’s small, ergonomic footprint features an integrated shock mounting system for superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise. The multi-strand output cable is terminated with a 1/8″ (3.5mm) output connector and delivers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
The included shoe mount features an integrated shockmount system for even further protection against handling noise. The Stereo VideoMic features a high pass filter switch at 75Hz for minimizing low frequency noise, and a -10dB Pad for maximizing headroom for capturing loud signals without distortion. The +20dB level boost switch is specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, camera preamp level is reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.